RESEARCH PARTICIPANTS NEEDED!
Are you a shift-work employee in a healthcare setting?
We are recruiting day-shift nurses, night-shift nurses, CNA's, and other shift-work employees in a healthcare setting to participate in a research study. This study will support the development of a simple, inexpensive, accessible, and accurate test to identify and monitor changes in breast health.
Potential participants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Females between the ages of 30-54
- Have not undergone ovariohysterectomy (removal of the ovaries and uterus)
- If 50+, have had a normal mammogram within 12 months prior to enrollment date
- Have had a normal physical examination of the breast within 12 months prior to enrollment date
- Must have worked in a healthcare setting for 5 or more years
What is the level of commitment involved?
An initial phone call to determine eligibility. If eligible, the participant will attend one on-site session at the Virginia Bioinformatics Institute on VT campus. Transportation can be provided if needed. The session includes a 5-minute paper survey, a small blood sample, and a nipple aspirate collection. The total time commitment is less than one hour with flexible days and times. This concludes participant involvement.
Will I be compensated?
Participants will receive a $25 gift card upon completion of the in-person visit.
Breast Health Project Coordinator:
Megan Stuart, MPH
Project Principal Investigators: Carla Finkielstein, PhD, and Tina Salva, PhD
June 02, 2015