Science lovers of all backgrounds are invited to explore the Biocomplexity Institute's 2016 Research Symposium on November 1.
Whether you’re a tech enthusiast looking to learn more about the capabilities of high-performance computing or a researcher seeking feedback on your latest findings, you won’t want to miss out on this event.
- Plan Your Symposium: Browse the schedule below and start selecting the sessions you’d like to attend—you won’t want to miss the keynote address! Check back for more information about speakers and panels.
- See our Poster Presentations: Want to see the latest developments in Biocomplexity research? Learn more about our poster presentation session.
- Attend Online: Can’t make it to campus? Only able to join us for part of the day? No problem—click here to livestream the entire event on YouTube.
Our poster presentation session provides a unique opportunity for researchers to share their work with the Virginia Tech community and foster further collaborations across campus.
- Want a sneak preview? Click here to read a full catalogue of research projects being presented at this year's poster session.
- Are you a presenter? Follow the instructions below to ensure your poster is displayed properly.
Poster and Presentation Guidelines
- Before the symposium, format your abstract into a poster which may include graphs, tables, and charts.
- Maximum poster size is 24”x36”, portrait.
- Presenters are responsible for having their posters printed. VT Printing Services phone number is 231-6701.
- Presenters should bring their posters with them to the Symposium on 11/1. There is no place for them to be stored in advance.
- Presenters are expected to be available at their poster during the entire session.
- QR codes with a maximum size of 1"x1" are permitted in the lower corner of posters.
- Presenters should arrive on site to have their posters up between 12:00pm and 3:00pm on Tuesday, November 1.
- Posters will be arranged in the second floor reception area and the 2nd floor collaboration area in Phase 2.
- The Biocomplexity Institute will provide materials for mounting your poster, including an easel, pushpins, and a backing board. The poster session is currently scheduled to begin at 4:00pm and conclude at 6:00pm.