After obtaining a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Ron Kenyon worked in the manufacturing industry for approximately 4 years as a Design Engineer and Quality Assurance Manager. Mr. Kenyon then obtained an MBA with a concentration in Decision Support Systems and Information Technology. Since that time, he has worked as a Research Faculty member at Virginia Tech, pursuing and managing large extramurally funded projects to develop information systems for inventory management and bioinformatics research.
- Antonopoulos DA, Assaf R, Aziz RK, Brettin T, Bun C, Conrad N, Davis JJ, Dietrich EM, Disz T, Gerdes S, Kenyon RW, Machi D, Mao C, Murphy-Olson DE, Nordberg EK, Olsen GJ, Olson R, Overbeek R, Parrello B, Pusch GD, Santerre J, Shukla M, Stevens RL, VanOeffelen M, Vonstein V, Warren AS, Wattam AR, Xia F, Yoo H. PATRIC as a unique resource for studying antimicrobial resistance. Briefings in bioinformatics. 2017. https://doi.org/10.1093/bib/bbx083.
- Wattam AR, Davis JJ, Assaf R, Boisvert S, Brettin T, Bun C, Conrad N, Dietrich EM, Disz T, Gabbard JL, Gerdes S, Henry CS, Kenyon RW, Machi D, Mao C, Nordberg EK, Olsen GJ, Murphy-Olson DE, Olson R, Overbeek R, Parrello B, Pusch GD, Shukla M, Vonstein V, Warren A, Xia F, Yoo H, Stevens RL. Improvements to PATRIC, the all-bacterial Bioinformatics Database and Analysis Resource Center. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45(D1):D535–D542. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gkw1017.
- Davis JJ, Boisvert S, Brettin T, Kenyon RW, Mao C, Olson R, Overbeek R, Santerre J, Shukla M, Wattam AR, Will R, Xia F, Stevens R. Antimicrobial Resistance Prediction in PATRIC and RAST. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27930. https://doi.org/10.1038/srep27930.
- Virginia Tech, Business Administration (MBA), MBA, 1998
- Mississippi State University, Mechanical Engineering, B.S., 1990