- Director, Education and Outreach
Kristy Collins, Ph.D. is a program manager in the Education and Outreach group at Biocomplexity Institute of Virginia Tech . She works on programs that involve the kids, parents, undergraduates, and graduate students. Her formal degree is based in Biochemistry while her informal training is in outreach.
- Lofgren E, Collins KM, Smith TC, Cartwright RA. Equations of the End: Teaching Mathematical Modeling using the Zombie Apocalypse. Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education. 2016;17(1):137-142. https://doi.org/10.1128/jmbe.v17i1.1066.
- University of Notre Dame, Biochemistry, Ph.D., 2007
- University of Florida, Chemistry with Biochemistry Option, BS, 2002
- Seminole Community College, AA, AA, 2000
- University of Notre Dame
- Weill Cornell Medical College