- Director, Education and Outreach
Kristy Collins, Ph.D. is the Director of the Education and Outreach group at Biocomplexity Institute of Virginia Tech. She works on programs that involve the kids, parents, undergraduates, and graduate students. Her formal degree is based in Biochemistry while her informal training is in outreach.
- Lofgren E, Collins KM, Smith TC, Cartwright RA. Equations of the End: Teaching Mathematical Modeling using the Zombie Apocalypse. Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education. 2016;17(1):137–142. https://doi.org/10.1128/jmbe.v17i1.1066.
- University of Notre Dame, Biochemistry, Ph.D., 2007
- University of Florida, Chemistry with Biochemistry Option, BS, 2002
- Seminole Community College, AA, AA, 2000
- University of Notre Dame
- Weill Cornell Medical College