- Associate Professor
- Associate Professor, Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
Hehuang "David" Xie graduated from the University of Iowa with Ph.D. in genetics and a master degree in computer science in 2003. After his graduate studies, Dr. Xie received his postdoctoral training in the field of bioinformatics at The University of Iowa and The University of Minnesota. In 2005, Dr. Xie joined the Cancer Biology and Epigenomics Program, Children’s Memorial Research Center; Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University as a research faculty. Currently, Dr. Xie is an associate professor at the Biocomplexity Institute of Virginia Tech.
- Tran H, Wu X, Tithi S, Sun M-A, Xie H, Zhang L. A Bayesian Assignment Method for Ambiguous Bisulfite Short Reads. PLOS ONE. 2016;11(3). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0151826.
- Sharif J, Endo TA, Nakayama M, Karimi MM, Shimada M, Katsuyama K, Goyal P, Brind’Amour J, Sun M-A, Sun Z, Ishikura T, Mizutani-Koseki Y, Ohara O, Shinkai Y, Nakanishi M, Xie H, Lorincz MC, Koseki H. Activation of Endogenous Retroviruses in Dnmt1 −/− ESCs Involves Disruption of SETDB1-Mediated Repression by NP95 Binding to Hemimethylated DNA. Cell Stem Cell. 2016;19(1):81-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.stem.2016.03.013.
- Okyere B, Giridhar K, Hazy A, Chen M, Keimig D, Bielitz RC, Xie H, He J-Q, Huckle WR, Theus MH. Endothelial-Specific EphA4 Negatively Regulates Native Pial Collateral Formation and Re-Perfusion following Hindlimb Ischemia. PLOS ONE. 2016;11(7). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0159930.
- The University of Iowa, Genetics , PhD, 2003
- The University of Iowa, Computer Science, MS, 2003