- Research Scientist
- Senior Software Engineer
Mandy Wilson is a Research Scientist at the Biocomplexity Institute of Virginia Tech. She received her undergraduate and master's degrees at Virginia Tech. She has had a broad range of work experiences including custom software development for the Federal Government and the private sector. She has been an employee of the Biocomplexity Institute of Virginia Tech since 2008
Her primary interests are database architectures and data mining, but she is also an expert in graphical user interface design, web development, and design and development of other custom software. She also worked for the Synthetic Biology department at the Biocomplexity Institute, developing software to support genomic design and clone verification. She was one of the original editors of the Synthetic Biology Open Language (SBOL) standard, which is a markup language for exchanging genomic data; more on this can be reviewed at http://sbolstandard.org/.
Mandy Wilson's publications can be viewed at Google Scholar
- Adiga A, Chu S, Eubank S, Kuhlman C, Lewis B, Marathe A, Marathe M, Nordberg E, Swarup S, Vullikanti AKS, Wilson ML. Disparities in spread and control of influenza in slums of Delhi: findings from an agent-based modelling study. BMJ. 2018.
- Brownstein JS, Chu S, Marathe A, Marathe MV, Nguyen AT, Paolotti D, Perra N, Perrotta D, Santillana M, Swarup S, Tizzoni M, Vespignani A, Vullikanti AKS, Wilson ML, Zhang Q. Combining Participatory Influenza Surveillance with Modeling and Forecasting: Three Alternative Approaches. JMIR public health and surveillance. 2017;3(4):e83. https://doi.org/10.2196/publichealth.7344.
- Deodhar S, Chen J, Wilson AL, Bisset KR, Lewis BL, Barrett CL, Marathe MV. EpiCaster: An Integrated Web Application For Situation Assessment and Forecasting of Global Epidemics. In: Proceedings of the 6th ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Health Informatics (ACM-BCB). ACM; 2015:156-165. https://doi.org/10.1145/2808719.2808735.
- Virginia Tech, English, MA, 1994
- Virginia Tech, Computer Science, BS, 1992
- Virginia Tech, English, BA, 1991